How Y’all doing fellow writers? It is the middle of Camp NaNoWriMo, so things have been hectic lately. I am in the midst of writing #destiny17, but it is very underwritten. But enough about me. How many of you want to be inspired, but can find no other way to do this, besides the internet? If this an issue for you, worry no more! Today, I am going to share with you 9 offline ways to get inspired for your writing. Are you ready? Let’s do this!
- Read a Book This is probably pretty generic advice, but it’s undoubtedly good nonetheless. There are millions of reading choices out there, dozens of genres to choose from, and no end to the possiblities when it comes to the inspiration you can get, just from reading a book. And do this the way you best like it. I prefer to keep a pad nearby to list ideas, and I love to eat while eating. 😉
- Take a Bath/Shower Yes. I’m quite serious. Sometimes the best ideas come in the shower. For me, that is. It’s one of the best times for me to just think. Relax, and take the time to de-stress.
- Doodle I’m not really much of an artist myself, but that doesn’t stop me from pulling out a pencil and paper and just drawing…whatever. Sometimes I draw characters, maps, or just lines. This is a good way to get your thoughts on paper. Typically I end up tossing these papers in the trash, but that’s just because I have no room to keep my scribblings.
- Brainstorm This is probably my personal favorite. I love to just look around and see what just pops in my head. After I’ve written down whatever is in my brain (What would happen if *** and *** became a couple? Why does this house get called Haunted? Etc.) I am able to explore all options and see what my imagination can discover.
- Take a Walk This isn’t just limited to your neighborhood. Explore. Go to parks or beaches if you are lucky enough to live close to one. I personally find hiking in the woods a great way to empty my brain. Unfortunately however, it’s really not easy to write down ideas.
- Bake This is a great way to just unwind and experiment with new recipies. Plus, bonus you get yummy food as a reward! Don’t forget to share with your friends!
- Listen to An Audio Book I guess this kind of corresponds with #1, but I feel there is a big difference with reading to listening. Sometimes your ears hear something your eyes miss.
- Take a Nap I’m sure we all know that dreams are a great way to be inspired, so be sure to jot down that dream when you wake up. And don’t be discouraged if you don’t dream that particular night. Just keep moving forward.
- Watch TV And if all else fails, watch some TV. This is not myy first choice however. Please do try all other options before proceeding to this route. TV is just as harmful as the internet.
So those were my 9 offline ways to get inspired. I really hope these helpful and will inspire you throughout your writing process. Leave a comment below what you want me to write about next.
What do YOU like to do for Inspiration? Leave a Comment Below, and if you liked this post, Don’t Forget to Subscribe for updates and a Monthly Newsletter!